Thursday, May 21, 2009

Issac is born to Abraham and Sarah



The image is partially based on gcawleyart.

Good afternoon Izzy, I am sure you have heard the news about the four American Islamic terrorists that wanted to bomb Riverdale Temple and Riverdale Jewish Center?

<= = = Yes sir, Benjamin pointed out on the school bus that at least they were equal opportunity terrorists, they wanted to take out one reform and one orthodox center each. Sounds like they weren't too bright. My father told me once, that angry men would always be trying to hurt or kill us, but if they were just angry and dumb, they could only do a little harm, it is the ones that are hateful and cunning we need to be wary of. If I may change the subject, I have been thinking about what you said last time. It is true that people that have contact with God are different looking, more attractive, I have noticed that the United Synagogue Youth leader at our synagogue has a gorgeous wife and that is true of the other USY events I have visited. I wonder what God has in store for me.

Rest assured that He has something very special for you, it will even top what he did for the USY leader. You are still on track for your Bar Mitzvah? How are the chanting lessons coming?

<= = = Well sir, I missed this week, I had so much school work, but I will try to make it next week.

Try hard Izzy, the time is short and getting shorter, but in the story of Abraham, the timing is perfect. Then the LORD did exactly what he had promised, such a surprise. Sarah became pregnant, and she gave a son to Abraham in his old age. It all happened at the time God had said it would.

Eight days after Isaac was born, Abraham served as the Mohel and circumcised ISSAC as God had commanded, then blessed the child and prayed that he would grow up to be healthy and pious and in the prayer Abraham named his son Isaac, a gentle reference to the time Sarah laughed and God said, you laughed. Afterwards a meal was served. And more or less this is the pattern that has been followed for Jewish people everywhere when blessed with a baby boy. Abraham was one hundred years old at the time.


And Sarah declared, "God has brought me laughter! All who hear about this will laugh with me. For who would have dreamed that I would ever have a baby? Yet I have given Abraham a son in his old age!" As time went by and Isaac grew and was weaned, Abraham gave a big party to celebrate the happy occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment